Tuesday, September 20, 2011

p. 94 Seeing 1&2

1. When I look at this image, the first thing I see is the poster of Jet Li. However, the object that draws my attention is the projected image of the boy on the wall in the top right corner. What I noticed about each object is that they are all very vibrantly colored, all of them except the projected image of the boy. What I can infer about this boy is that he enjoys basketball, baseball, riding his bike, he has a lot of shoes, he likes Jet Li movies, he is messy, he likes Captain America, and family is important to him. The generalization I can make about Osorio’s style is that he likes taking pictures of the ordinary in different people’s lives, specifically their bedrooms.

2. Osorio has been quite unsuccessful, I think. Because personally, my room never looked like this for a few reasons. I never had a mirror ground in my room, I never had so many posters or cards of any kind, let alone I would never glue my cards to my wall, and I never had a projector in my room. I would say the parts of the room that are based on fiction would be the mirrors on the ground as well as the projector and the numerous golden fists all around the room. I believe this is fiction because no boy, unless the boy was form a wealthy family, would ever have these things in their room. The criteria I would use to help someone differentiate form fact and fiction would be by looking at the things that are the most expensive in the room, and those things would most likely be fiction.

No comments:

Post a Comment