“Suicide Poets” by Ryan Buell was a somewhat depressing read but intriguing all the same. I found myself very interested in the idea of how poets that have committed suicide throughout the years have become myths that are a part of history. Thinking on this, I have come to realize this is true. I found it to be a very well written essay that links a personal story to a worldly topic. Buell’s description of the poet Madeline Foster is a cryptic, dark read. But, it gets his point across rather strongly. However, I don’t feel that Buell truly does what he wants in this essay until the very last paragraph, which could have been much stronger if he went in to more detail about it. Other then that, it was a pleasant, interesting read that left me thinking a lot. So in the end, I would say this essay was very successful.
No comments:
Post a Comment