Writer’s Block was an interesting reflection on Amy Sobotta’s life. It was a fun read and an intriguing read as thing of its nature usually are. I found myself cringing at a number of grammatical errors, and a few areas of the work simply did not make sense, but it was more or less the simple ramblings of a college student with a few main points to round it out. I found it interesting because although it had a good amount of grammatical errors, you could still tell it came from deep inside the writer. That is the kind of “stuff” I notice I get in to when I write my best poems, short stories, or narratives, so it is nice to see there are others who can rely on their rambling minds to write a good story. In fact, I will rephrase that. It is good to know that there are others who are willing to sit down and write out what they are thinking when it comes to their life in general and are willing to let it be printed. I know it’s a bit of a stretch for some people to successfully write down their thoughts and find a way to make sense of them, but honestly, anyone could have written a narrative just as good as this if they tried. I know I have. It’s only a matter of putting yourself in that situation where you are sitting at a desk and are deep in thought, just make sure you have a pencil with you.
No comments:
Post a Comment